According to our Collective Agreement, we are
entitled to two months of
vacation in the summer, usually between June 15 and August 17. The College usually consults CRT on the exact dates in April and makes them known shortly afterwards.
It is possible to adjust the dates of
period; discuss this with your Program Dean.
Other holidays are:
• New Year's Day (January 1);
• Good Friday and/or Easter Monday, at the option of the employer;
• Victoria Day or Fête des Patriotes (Monday preceding May 25th);
• Fête nationale (June 24);
• Canada Day (July 1);
• Labour Day (the first Monday in September);
• Thanksgiving Day (the second Monday in October);
• Christmas Day (December 25).
Please note that according to the College, we are not on vacation on any
other days of the year, including the days between Christmas and
New Year's Day and during the Study Break, and therefore must be available
for work on these days as required.
You may, however, ask your Program Dean for permission to go away at
other times by completing a Authorization for Planned Faculty Absence form.
The Director-General Dean has assured the JACFA Executive that a request from
any teacher who wishes to travel during the March Study Break will be approved.
To see the current John Abbott College Academic Calendar, click
Back to Top
Last update: January 28, 2011 [sb]