Our Health Insurance policy refunds emergency
medical expenses incurred
outside the province of residence at 100% up to $2 000 000 lifetime
for trips up to 180 days.
We strongly advise you to take your Travel Insurance Card with you when
you travel. It includes your carrier number, policy number, ID number with
La Capitale, and the telephone numbers you will need in case of emergency.
The telephone numbers are:
• in Canada and the USA (1-800-363-9050)
• in the rest of the world toll-free (1-514-985-2281)
insurance is also provided up to $5000 per insured
person per trip. See your "Insurance Booklet" for details.
For more detailed information about our travel insurance:
• consult your insurance booklet by clicking on the link at the top of the page.
• contact the La Capitale Customer Service department at 514-873-6506
in Montreal, or at 1-800-463-4856 toll-free outside the Montreal region.
• contact Beverly Graham in Human Resources at John Abbott at local 5050.
• contact the JACFA office in P-105 or by phone at local 5506 and we will
try to get the information you need.
Pre-existing Medical Conditions and Travel
Please note that travel insurance coverage may be excluded for medical
conditions for which you are hospitalized, receive or are prescribed medical
treatment during the 90 days prior to your departure date, unless it is
proven to the Insurer's satisfaction that the insured's condition is stabilized. A change to a prescription drug, its dosage, or its use is considered medical
treatment. It is strongly recommended that persons with serious health problems communicate with La Capitale prior to their departure.
Back to Top
Last update: April 19, 2012 [ap]